Back when I had my old blog, I used to do this meme every New Year’s. I figured why not keep up the tradition?
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Took Ava to DisneyLand!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Kinda..sorta… I vowed to be healthier and I did lose 30 pounds. Gained back 10 but am determined to keep going.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I lost a relative last year. We weren’t as close as we used to be but finding out she’d passed on made me very sad.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More down time.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 9th, the day I walked through the gates of Disney with Ava – it was a moment I’ll never forget.
December 1 – the day I jumped off a metaphorical cliff.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sticking to my exercising.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bought? Um…probably my new sofa. I loooooooove it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ava, whose heart continues to amaze me despite the onset of pre-teen attitude that is setting in alarmingly early.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I plead the 5th.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Daycare. Utility Bills. The usual.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Disney…our trip to the beach.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Start of Something Good by Daughtry
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Slightly thinner
c) richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Going to the beach. Every year I say we’re going to go more but we never do.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Whine. Complain. I really have very little to complain about.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Ava, and my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Oh my yes. Big time, and for the last time. With the most wonderful man. I’m a lucky girl.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I don’t watch a lot of new TV, but I did get into Nashville briefly.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Uh, I plead the 5th.
24. What was the best book you read?
Sad to say I didn’t really read much this last year. Planning to make more time for that this year.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Two of the folks from the TV show Nashville. Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio. Their voices are magic.
26. What did you want and get by year’s end?
A new phone, and a new broom! I’m such a boring adult.
27. What did you want and not get by year’s end?
Can’t think of a thing.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Saw mostly kid pictures but recently saw Trainwreck. If you enjoy raunchy humor, this one’s a must see.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 42 and is it bad I don’t remember what I did? I know I got a lovely handmade present from my girl!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less time worrying over things that didn’t matter.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
I finally embraced boots and skinny jeans.
32. What kept you sane?
My people, my family, my tribe.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Adam Levine will never NOT be hot as hell.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The refugee crisis.
35. Who did you miss?
At times, my dad. 2015 marked 25 years since he died and that number resonated a lot throughout the year.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
This may sound corny, but myself. This was the year I really embraced who I am and stopped giving a fuck what everyone else thought.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Not really a new lesson, but one that got reinforced: It’s the people in your life and the little things that matter.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you